This is one of those recipes that came about by throwing together various odds and ends from the fridge. I can’t tell you how delicious it was – so delicious in fact that we had polished it off before I’d even thought of taking a picture! So, I apologise for the lack of visuals here but I can assure you that it looked as good as it tasted!
Jerk chicken with ginger beer – 309 calories
Ingredients – serves 2
- 200g M & S British Oakham Chicken Skinless & Boneless Thighs: 270 calories
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped: 46 calories
- 1 Yellow Pepper, chopped: 50 calories
- 1 Red Onion, chopped: 29 calories
- 3 tbsp Dry Jerk Spice Rub: 30 calories
- 250ml Waitrose Fiery Alcoholic Ginger Beer: 73 calories
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil: 119 calories
- Trim the chicken thighs of any nasty bits then put in a sealable plastic bag with the thyme, half the olive oil and the jerk rub. Massage it all in then leave in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook it, heat the rest of the oil in an ovenproof pan and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook for a few minutes before pouring on the ginger beer.
- Bring to the boil then cook in a medium oven for around half an hour until the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle with some chopped spring onions and serve with rice and peas or sweet potato mash.
Next time I cook this, I’ll remember to take a photo – I promise!