Hello – I’m back! Jools and I have been away in London for a long weekend to celebrate his birthday. And lucky us – we got to stay in the incredibly swanky St Pancras Renaissance hotel because I won a competition! You can read a full review of our amazing stay here. It was the most wonderful two days ever – but unfortunately not good for the waistline. We were given access to a private club where you could help yourself to breakfast, afternoon tea, pre-dinner canapes, and wine and spirits – FOR FREE!!!!
Needless to say, we took full advantage of this and ate our own body weight in delicious freebies for two whole days. Then of course, there were a good few social occasions – meeting friends for drinks, lunch and dinner. Add that all up, and I’m guessing I piled on a few pounds. But it is just a guess, because I haven’t weighed myself and don’t intend to either. I’m just going back to sensible eating and not worry about it.
And talking of sensible eating, here’s a new fast diet recipe for you – enjoy!
Harissa stuffed peppers – 306 calories
Ingredients – serves 3
- 4 peppers (red, yellow or green): 184 calories
- 1/2 small onion: 15 calories
- 50g lean pork mince: 77 calories
- 50g extra lean beef mince: 62 calories
- 5 medium mushrooms: 20 calories
- 1 tbsp tomato puree: 5 calories
- 3 tsp harissa paste: 18 calories
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated: 43 calories
- 8 sprays Fry Light: 8 calories
- 1 bag Boil In the Bag basmati rice: 482 calories
- 1 cube Dorot garlic: 5 calories
- Spray a large pan with oil and brown the mince until nicely coloured.
- Finely chop the onion, mushroom and one of the peppers and add to the mince along with the garlic.
- Cook over a medium heat for around 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Halve the other peppers and take out the seeds and membrane. Cook them in simmering water for around 10 minutes then place in an oven dish.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice and, when ready, stir into the mince mixture.
- Add the harissa, tomato puree and a glug of water if it’s looking dry.
- Spoon the mince into the hollows of the peppers and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Cook in a hot oven for around 15 minutes then serve straight away.
Tomorrow I’m making the jerk chicken with ginger beer, and I promise I’ll remember to take a photo this time! Hope you’re all getting on well with your fasting.